5.0 Exam Prep Seminar 2019 - Practice Management
This course is designed to help candidates prepare to take the Practice Management section of the Architect Registration Examination 5.0 (ARE 5.0). The course content focuses on the range of responsibilities associated with managing an architectural practice, including ethics, fiduciary responsibilities, regulations, human resources, proposal development, and consultant management, business structure, business development and marketing, and asset development and management.
- Participants will be able to apply the Standard of Care and the concept of protecting “the health, safety and welfare of the public” in all aspects of architectural practice.
- Participants will be able to apply the laws and regulations associated with the ethical and competent delivery of professional architectural services.
- Participants will evaluate and mitigate risk exposure within a firm, analyzing such things as financial data, business strategies, staffing needs, and the firm’s strategic priorities to identify actions that position the practice appropriately.
- Participants will analyze the impact of practice methodologies relative to the structure and organization of the practice and project delivery methods in order to mitigate risk and achieve firm goals. They will also evaluate design, coordination and documentation methodologies for the practice and analyze how these methodologies impact quality control and security throughout all phases of a project.
This event will count for (5) HSW LU continuing education credits.
For additional information about this event and registration, click HERE.
The price for each seminar will be $50 for AIA-members, and $75 for Non-AIA members.
Advance registration is required by noon on Wednesday prior to the seminar. No refunds are available after this time, although substitute attendees are allowed.
The 2019 ARE 5.0 Prep series includes:
- January 16 - ARE Prep Series Kick Off, 6:30p-8:00p
- January 26 - Practice Management, 10:00a-3:00p
- February 23 - Project Management, 10:00a-4:00p
- March 23 - Programming + Analysis, 10:00a-3:00p
- April 20 - Project Planning and Design, 10:00-4:00p
- May 11 - Project Development and Documentation, 10:00a-4:00p
- June 22 - Construction and Evaluation, 10:00a-3:00p
To learn more about this series and to sign up for the upcoming seminars please visit the AIA NOVA's website.